Breast Cancer Self-Exams & Education
Sign up for information and monthly reminders from NHRMC and WECT.
We want to help you stay in good health. For women, this involves regular breast screenings including mammograms and monthly breast self-exams.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center (NHRMC) Zimmer Cancer Center partners with WECT/News 6 on a campaign to increase awareness of breast health. The campaign:
- Reminds you to perform a self-exam on the sixth day of every month
- Shares information about breast cancer prevention, detection, and treatment
- Distributes Pink Packs with breast self-exam how-to cards, mammogram locations, and other information
- Supports the NHRMC Foundation Pink Ribbon project to provide free mammograms to women who need them
Let Us Remind You to Check Yourself
- Sign up for a breast self-exam monthly update that you can share with the women in your life on Twitter or Facebook.
- Have a Pink Pack with breast self-exam information mailed to you.