On Thursday, the Greater Wilmington Business Journal announced its 2020 Health Care Heroes, and two deserving NHRMC employees and Dr. Henry Patel, who passed away in August, were honored along with colleagues from across the region.
This year's awards presentation looked different due to social distancing guidelines, but each recipient was recognized in a virtual video.
Recipients from the NHRMC system were:
- Nurse: Mitchell Watson, RN, New Hanover Regional Medical Center
- First Responder: Bethany Hart, Flight paramedic, NHRMC AirLink/VitalLink Critical Care Transport
- Physician: Dr. Henry Patel, a cardiologist with NHRMC Physician Group - Cape Fear Heart Associates. Dr. Patel's family spoke movingly about his legacy in the virtual video.
Several other NHRMC employees were recognized as finalists:
- Community Achievement: Marissa Bryant Franks, Health equity outreach coordinator, NHRMC
- Community Outreach: Joe Conway, Director of health equity and human experience, NHRMC
- First Responder: Jim Mistovich, Community paramedic, NHRMC EMS
- Innovation in Health Care: Andy Almeter, Manager of business operations, regional and specialty service, NHRMC
- Volunteer: George Elam, Volunteer and president, NHRMC Auxiliary Board of Directors and Lt. Constance Foreman, Navy Reserve officer and physician, NHRMC Physician Group - New Hanover Medical Group
Didn't have a chance to tune into the live awards presentation? Click here to watch the awards presentation.