New Hanover Health Advantage, a New Hanover Regional Medical Center affiliate, is proud to offer two comprehensive Medicare Advantage and prescription drug plan options in 2022 for residents of New Hanover, Pender and Brunswick counties. The Medicare Advantage plans give residents extra cost-effective benefits with local providers they trust.
The Medicare Advantage plans that New Hanover Health Advantage offers provide “simplified healthcare coverage and meet the supplemental needs of our seniors,” said Leelee Thames, MD, chief value officer for NHRMC.
Several benefits are part of this year’s plan, including:
- $0 premium option
- $0 preventive dental coverage, something not offered through Original Medicare
- Option to see any Medicare provider
- Reimbursement for membership at the patient’s fitness club of choice
- No-cost, non-emergency transportation to doctor’s appointments through a private taxi service
- A prepaid over-the-counter medication card, which patients can use to purchase medications like pain relievers or cough medicines at their local drug store
The annual enrollment period starts October 15, 2021 and ends on December 7, 2021. Membership to the plans is open to New Hanover, Brunswick and Pender County residents with coverage starting January 1, 2022.
If you are interested in learning more about New Hanover Health Advantage, reach out to one of our local licensed sales team members. Call 910.667.6442 to schedule an appointment.
For accommodations of persons with special needs at meetings call 877-279-1731 TTY users call 711.
You can also join one of our virtual information sessions, held Monday through Friday from Oct. 18 through Nov. 17, with presentations offered in Spanish every Wednesday. To participate in these sessions, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/medicare-advantage-benefit-plans-virtual-information-sessions-by-nhha-tickets-171266963097 to register for your preferred date.
New Hanover Health Advantage is offered in partnership with FirstCarolinaCare Insurance Company and is sponsored by New Hanover Regional Medical Center.
To learn more about New Hanover Health Advantage plans, visit www.NewHanoverHealthAdvantage.com.