The Family Medicine Graduate Education Program at the Novant Health New Hanover Regional Medical Center participates in, and abides by the policies of, the National Residency Matching Program.
Applications are accepted only through the ERAS application service. In order for you to be considered for an interview, your application must include:
- The completed ERAS application form
- Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation, in addition to the “Dean’s Letter” sent from your medical school. Of those three letters of recommendation, two must be from Family Physicians
- USMLE or COMLEX score transcript
In order to be considered for ranking, the above application must demonstrate the following:
- Graduate from an accredited medical school (by LCME, AOA, or an accreditation body that is recognized by the World Federation for Medical Education).
- Pass USMLE/COMLEX Part 1.
- Complete USMLE/COMLEX 2, with a passing score reported to us via an updated transcript, prior to the deadline for rank list submission.
- Applicants looking to begin residency at our program more than 2 years after medical school graduation should have recent experiences that match the mission of our program.
- Be eligible for a Training License from the North Carolina Medical Board. (International graduates must have a valid ECFMG certificate, and all verifications must be in English or translated with a notarized verification of authenticity.)
- Be eligible to work in the United States (Citizens or Permanent Residents). Novant Health NHRMC does not sponsor visas.
- Our residency is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. An applicant with a disability should fulfill the resident job description after provision of reasonable accommodations as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.