Applicants must fulfill the following requirements to be considered for interview at the New Hanover Regional Medical Center OB/GYN Residency Program:
- Approximate number of applicants per year: 180
- Approximate number of interviews offered per year: 50
- Approximate cut-off scores on USMLE 1 & 2 for interview selection: >200 & COMLEX 600
- Percent of interviewed students who had a previous elective: <5%
- Percent of selected residents who are in AOA: 10%
- Graduates pursue both private practice and fellowships
This program receives residency applications using ERAS - the Electronic Residency Application Service from the Association of American Medical Colleges. The ERAS application includes all traditional components of a residency application, including the application itself, a personal statement, dean's letter, medical school transcript, and three letters of recommendation.
In addition, the applicant's USMLE transcript, including test history and scores, and photograph are required.